Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve

Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Flannel Friday Guest Post: PIE!

Trails & Tales is proud to host Kathryn Roach, Wendell Library, Wendell NC; part of the Wake County Library system of Wake County NC with her Thanksgiving Pie Flannel Friday. 
 
For Thanksgiving I like to present a  program about food, mainly pie!  I like to read, The Apple Pie that Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson, and All For Pie, Pie For All by David Martin. I use several flannel board rhymes too.  I’m not sure where I found this rhyme originally.  It was a very long time ago.  I take a piece off and pretend to eat it…they always think this is hilarious! 

ONE WHOLE PIE  

One whole pie

Set by the door,

Cut into pieces,

 I count four.

Four pieces of pie

All for me,

I ate one piece,

Now there are three.   

Three pieces of pie

For me too,

I ate another piece,

Now there are two.
 
Two pieces of pie

Oh! What fun!

I ate another piece,

Now there is one.

One piece of pie

I can’t wait!

I ate that last piece,

 Empty plate!                      

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another rhyme that I use and then play a game with is Yummy Pies.     

After I sing the song and put up the flannel pieces, we talk about the different colors of the pies and we play “Which One Did Miss Kathy Eat?”  The children close their eyes, I remove one piece and they guess.  When they guess correctly, I show them the piece and pretend to gobble it up!  Laughter ensues! We play several times.
 

Yummy Pies
Tune: "Three Blind Mice"

By Jean Warren -  Adapted by Kathy Roach

Pies, pies, pies,
Pies, pies, pies.
Yummy pies,
Yummy pies.
Strawberry, blueberry, and cherry, too.
Apple and Key lime to name a few.
Chocolate, lemon, how about you?
I love pie!
That's no lie!


To make the pie pieces, I used a Google image, deconstructed it and used that as a pattern. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 
 
Amanda at Trails & Tales is hosting this week's Flannel Friday. Visit the Flannel Friday blog for more information on our group. 

2 comments:

  1. These are perfect for my preschoolers! So fun to get a new idea!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pie, too. I like the idea of playing a memory game with the pies. Thanks for sharing with Flannel Friday.

    ReplyDelete